Nightclubs in Dublin usually open at around 10pm, close at 3am and usually stop serving at 2:30am. Admission prices range from €5 to €15, but can be higher for special events such as New Years Eve or when a big DJ is playing. Drink prices are usually more inflated than in bars, prices for a pint of lager vary from €5 to €6. Dress code on the door depends on which club your trying, but usually there are no runners(sneakers) allowed, and if you're too drunk you probably shouldn't bother (Although when do you ever think your too drunk?). Other advice, bring ID(usually passport, drivers license, or student card on student nights) if you look a little young and don't arrive in huge groups, as they are often refused.
Nightclubs in Dublin are becoming a bit scarce lately, this is due to the influx of the 'Super Pubs'. Since the new licencing laws were brought in these Super Pubs have begun to replace nightclubs. They are very large pubs, which have multiple bars and dance floors, who can now stay open as late as the nigthclubs, if you want to see a lising of these they are in our pubs section . There are however still a number of nigthclubs left around the city and we have listed a few of the best and most popular below.
- ALCHEMY - Situated on Fleet Street in Temple Bar, this basement club has become one of the cities most popular. Busy most nights during theweek,with a mixture of different music genres.
- CLUB M - Also Located in Dublin's Temple Bar, this multi-level nightclub is one of Dublin's oldest remaining, and is busy most nights a week. Commercial dance music / pop.
- LILLIES BORDELLO - Just off Grafton St in the heart of Dublin, this club is reknowned as the haunt of the stars. Not that impressive inside and drink can be very expensive, but the place to go for star spotting.
- BUCK WHALEYS -The New Bucks Townhouse has four bars over two levels with a Terrace smoking area, VIP Boudoir Suite and Piano bar with a live music space and featuring live bands every week. Open Fri-Sat this is one of citys busiest bars.
- KRYSTLE - A modern bar & cocktail menu combining old classics with its own unique twists further establish its credentials, and attract a more mature clientele.
- NV NIGHTCLUB -NV is a modern City Centre nightclub situated on Dublin’s historic- Lower Leeson Street. Offering a Chic, relaxed atmosphere with DJ’s playing the very latest chart, mainstream and old school classics.
- HOWL AT THE MOON - Popular stylish nightclub bar spread out over 4 levels. Open Thursdays to Saturdays till late, always full of revellers.
- TRIPOD - Situated at the top of Harcourt St in the city-centre, this is probably Dublins largest (1300 capacity) and best-known nightclub. Also includes Crawdaddy, The Chocolate Bar and the Workmans Club in the same premises. Music varies by the night and which venue, and acts as a medium sized venue for international acts visiting Dublin.
- COPPER FACE JACKS - Situated on Harcourt St in the city-centre, this is a large and popular club which is reknowned for being busy every night of the week. All kinds of pop / rock / dance played throughout the night.
- D TWO NIGHTCLUB - Situated on Harcourt St in the city-centre, this is a stylish and popular club especially with the afterwork crowd and students. Nightclub is open Wed-Sat.
- THE GEORGE - Situated at the bottom of Georges St in the city-centre, this is Dublin's most famous and oldest Gay bar and nightclub. The George has operated for 26 years as a gay venue in Ireland where homosexuality was illegal until 1993.
Thank you for visiting our site, we hope we've uncovered all you need. If you would like any more info or have any other comments, contact us here and we will try and answer your questions. Back to Dublin Guide Homepage.